- Call Costs & Coverage
- Buy Now
You can set up any GeoSIM for data roaming so that you can check your emails and access the internet when roaming.
To SET UP AND CONFIGURE DATA on your GeoSIM, you need to:
1. Set your SIM to the correct profile for the region you are in.
2. You will need to setup a new 'Access Point Name' (try to avoid editting an existing access point name) on your mobile handset. The access point name (APN) you need to set up needs to be called MOBILEDATA. You will not need a User name or password.
If you have a Dual number SIM and on the US Profile, set up an APN with the name GLOBALDATA.
3. You MAY need to remove all other data connections, otherwise your phone may try to connect to your original suppler.
4. Only select 3G option on your mobile if 3G data service is available. If you SIM does not connect, try setting to 2G service.
Some handsets, Modems or Dongles may ask or need a number to dial, if this is the case with your device, enter *99#
When you have finished using data service, make sure you disconnect manualy otherwise you will be charged for data as your phone may still be connected.
Note: As with any mobile device, data connectivity is very reliant on a number of factors, including;
Your device capability
2. The local networks capability
3. And - having a good signal
4. And - not having network congestion
If the mobile signal is weak or fluctuating data sessions may drop out. If you experience connection issues, always try manually connecting to a different network, or setting your SIM/device to "GSM only". This may give a more stable but slower connection speed.
Some Blackberry devices do not allow a new APN to be set up even if the Blackberry is unlocked. This is a device issue and not a GeoSIM issue.
A minimum balance of $6 is required on your account to enable a data session to be started. If your balance is below $6, a data session will not start. Data sessions will continue if already running and the balance drops below $6. Consider using AutoTopUp to prevent data roaming connections not starting.